Sunday, September 9, 2012

.




This is Winston playing at Biggles out of the car window, on our way to the Taverna in Steni.  Himself is looking pretty smart, yes?



Considering how many photos I took there is a pretty poor selection good enough to publish!  This is just of the tables.





Here are Geoff and Ken, and I'm afraid I don't know this guys name but he was accompanying them on the bongo drums.





Well it was a very nice evening.  Geoff and Ken were really good,  and I met lots of people I haven't seen for ages - I really must get out more.  The staff at the Taverna were excellent as was the food.  Nothing pretentious - just good, well cooked, simple meals with amazing home made desserts.  How nice.  It's how I remember the food at the Harbour, in the old days when the Mums and Aunties cooked.  Well before FoodPax.    The muktah (?) and his wife were there giving wholehearted support and the guys did really well - even Kens singing.  The music stopped at 10pm after a gentle hint from the muktah and we all slowly drifted away - except of course for the hardier members of the audience.

We'd had a good night and I was very happy that on Sunday the pool was clear enough for me to have a float-about in.  As my excema is very bad at the moment it was a great relief.  So a very good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment