Friday, June 14, 2013

yeah yeah I know it's been a long time but not much happens in sleepy Latchi  It wouldn't have been quite so long if I hadn't pressed the wrong button on Monday and lost 45 minutes worth of blog!  So here goes again.
Peter has been here for a holiday and was so so patient with me, giving me Mac lessons so I now feel much more confident using the sexy thing.  I managed to download a book onto my iPad and kind of remember where my files are - I think.
We had a great time, I treated it as a holiday, too, and didn't do much apart from what was absolutely necessary.
We took a road trip over to the North and was able to find my Dad's village.  We found his house and the old lady who now lives there.  I think we managed to let her know who we were, with a little help from a boy who didn't speak English but understood enough to translate.  Lots of hand signals, nodding and smiling.



Peter found his school and told me some of the tricks he and his pals used to get up to.  It's quite a long walk from the house, Peter didn't remember it being so far but he was only 7 and having fun with his friends.



It's still a school and it and the whole village is in a kind of time warp.  Nothing much has changed at all, my grandparents house had been replaced by something slightly more modern and the 'square' has lost the coffee shop and the 'grocery' shop, but it is as if time has stood still there.

We went to Bellabais Abbey, Saint Hilarion Castle and took the mountain road back.  Stunning!  I beat Peter at backgammon, and we saw real live mouflon, which I thought were a myth.  Sadly they were camera shy.

While we were on this magical trip Peter got a job so had to cut his holiday short, but I'm sure he'll be back when he can manage.  I certainly hope so, I miss him.

Now it's back to life as normal.  I've been grouting today so will post some mosaic photos next time.  Thanks for calling in xx

1 comment:

  1. Good to hear from you sounded like a fun and nostalgic day xxx

    ReplyDelete