Sunday, May 5, 2013

They say misfortunes come in threes, and we had our three last week.

En Plo has been fun, lots of people and some nice sales - but very tiring, especially the journey to and fro.  So we're a bit pooped.

Winston started hopping on three legs Friday afternoon.  On inspection and with much screaming on his part we realised his little toe (?) was very swollen.  We couldn't get him to the vet until after lunch on Monday, so I popped in to Sharens to buy some tiles to finish an ongoing job.  "I'll only be half an hour" says I.  Easy parking outside Sharens, only one other car on the street.  I ran up the stairs, nodding and smiling at a young lady just leaving and started picking my tiles when there was the unmistakable THUNK of a bashed car.  Yes, you've guessed - my car!  The poor girl was distraught, crying and carrying on.  I was the one consoling her, saying don't worry, it's only a car, while looking over the shoulder I was patting at my poor dented RAV.  The good news it that it's drivable and the other good news is that she and her boyfriend live in Polis.  So when we have the time to get an estimate it wont be too much of a drama to get it fixed.  She said optimistically!

Meanwhile Grahan is waiting for me to get back so he can take Winston to the vet and I am sitting consoling the still upset young lady and waiting for the insurance man to arrive.

On Tuesday our water pump blew up!

And all this is while we're doing 8 hour days plus two travelling.

On a more upbeat note, the garden is looking fab, roses everywhere




And I've made some new mosaics



One of these days I may b able to 'place' my photos.

Wednesdays 'Crafty Ladies' was a hoot.  13 of us in all and they had to bring their own tables!  A really nice time, needless to say I didn't get a lot done for myself but had a great time.

2 comments:

  1. sorry to hear you have had such a bad time of it - on the positive side loving the photos x
    hope winstons is ok

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully your run of bad luck is now over x

    ReplyDelete