Thursday, July 4, 2013

July News


I've done my usual trick of writing loads, adding photos and then losing it all at the last moment!  Bums!
So here goes again.
More travelling, this time to Budapest to visit Peter who is working there.  I know I saw him a couple of weeks ago, but I have to grab the opportunity to spend time with him whenever i can.
They have put him up in a lovely apartment
right in the center of town.  I did loads of walking, with Peter and on my own.  I did The Big Red Bus' tour which was really good, it included a river tour and a commentary.  So I feel as if I've really 'done' the tourist bit in Bud.  
I met up with Tracy Wells, an old pal who is working on the show - 'Dracula' - and had a good laugh with her and came away feeling so glad that I'm retired and out of it all.  I wouldn't have changed things for the world and was lucky to have had a fabulous career but certainly wouldnt want to do it now!
We ate some good food, most memorable was Beef Cheek which I'd heard about on the cookery programs.  Very interesting!  It looked like a large slice of chocolate cake on the plate and came with mashed potatoes.  The texture was like corned beef that had been shredded and put back together and tasted like corned beef that had been marinated in rich red wine.  Very pleasant but as far as I'm concerned  .......   been there, done that!
For a city that has been rebuilt so many times it is very beautiful and keeping its character.  So here are a few more photos








So, a lovely trip and some nice memories.  Thanks for calling in.


No comments:

Post a Comment