Friday, August 24, 2012

My Very First Post...

I design mosaics, I make mosaics, I exhibit mosaics and fortunately manage to sell mosaics but I never had a method of bringing my work to the public other than when I exhibited in Paphos so I am embracing technology - my own blog and this is my first post...

I have just had an exhausting but successful week at the En Plo Gallery at the harbour in Paphos where I exhibited my mosaics alongside the works of other 'crafty' friends.  

I love meeting people and talking about my hobby and I find that many people are interested in the craft.  I always have a large project which I work on whilst I am there so people can see what is involved.  This time the work is a bit of a challenge as I am copying rather than making my own design.  I am sure you recognise the Goddess of Love - Aphrodite - synonymous with Cyprus!

I am working on mesh rather than a board because it gives me flexibility to place it when it is finished and if I like it!  It measures approximately 1 meter by 50 centimeters which is somewhat larger than my standard holidaymaker's purchase which needs to fit in a suitcase!

My biggest sellers are my butterflies, owls, dragonflies and swallows all of which you can see on other pages to this blog.

I am always delighted to take on commissions and this time I was asked to create a large Lazy Susan and the design and colour scheme was chosen with the client.  My largest commission to date has been a triptych of mirrors.  My most challenging was a landscape of Cyprus - given that I can't draw and I just started with a blank sheet - 1 meter by 50 centimeters!


2 comments: